If there is ever a day to keep it cool, calm & collected it’s today as the nation celebrates “National Stress Awareness Day”. However, instead of making this a one day event we will really need to continue to stay in tuned with our stress levels as the holiday’s approach.
Some things you can do to keep your stress levels lowered are:
- Set priorities-decide what must get done and what can wait, and learn to say no to new tasks if they are putting you into overload.
- Focus on what you have accomplished at the end of the day, not what you have been unable to do.
- Don’t dwell on problems. And if you can’t do this on your own, seek help.
- Recognize signs of your body’s response to stress, such as difficulty sleeping, increased alcohol and other substance use, being easily angered, feeling depressed, and having low energy.
- Exercise regularly. Just 30 minutes per day of gentle walking can help boost mood and reduce stress.
- Explore stress coping programs.
Caliente Resort & Spa is offering some gentle meditation classes during the holidays to help you de-stress on November 5, 19th & December 3rd and 17th at 6:30 pm in the aerobics room. This class is free to all members and guests of Caliente Resort. And it is only $10pp for anyone else who would like to come de-stress with us. If you have questions about this class or any of our other fitness and wellness activities, please feel free to contact Caliente’s spa ~ Spa Sereno at 996-3700 ext.248