My husband & I first met on a ‘blind date’! He had responded to my personal ad in the St. Pete Times newspaper back in 1998…long before online dating had taken over as the main way couples meet today! It wasn’t exactly ‘love at first sight’ but we definitely enjoyed being together. He was originally from New Jersey and I was born & raised in New York so we certainly had lots in common!
When we met, Herb lived in Indian Rocks Beach; only 10 minutes away from my condo on Sand Key in Clearwater. My Mom thought he was “GD”…Geographically Desirable!! LOL…yeah, I didn’t know what that meant either!!
Over time, our relationship grew into a long and loving one. We eventually moved into a house in Indian Rocks Beach & had our marriage ceremony on the beach in IRB!! We have been together ever since!
Why do we Love Caliente?
Well, besides the obvious physical beauty of the pool and Clubhouse, we love Caliente because of the people! When at the end of a LONG work week, you walk into the Clubhouse and see the smiling faces of friends, members, & neighbors. They then give you a Big Hug and tell you, “Welcome Home”!!! Words can’t describe the feeling of that moment when you can shed your cares (and clothes) to embrace the true beauty of Caliente!! The people in this community bond together in time of need and support each other like a real Family should…this is why we LOVE Caliente!!
- Movies and everything about them; you name it!!
- I’ve been a HUGE music fanatic since I was very young…my first LOVE! My all time favorites are from the Classic Rock genre but I love Alternative music, Hip-hop, selective Pop & Rap musicians, as well as the Oldies, Jazz, & Classical music.
- Contemporary Literature: A recent favorite of mine was George RR Martin’s ‘Game of Thrones’ 5-book series…absolutely outstanding & leaves you wanting more & more!!
- Fine Art & Museums: Love the Met in New York!
- Yoga, water aerobics, & weight lifting
- Boating & the beach…what’s there not to love?!
- Boating & Fishing—Herb’s first love!!
- He also loves tennis for fun as well as competitively. You can find him on the Caliente courts any given weekend!
- Herb is a HUGE music fan too! He prefers Classic Rock & Jazz, but also enjoys Alternative & Contemporary music.
- Football…of course! But believe it or not, he’s a Vikings fan!
- Yankees & Rays baseball…oh the dichotomy!
- Travel: We try to go to unique destinations every year but also like to visit our favorite spots, like New Orleans, annually. We’ve been to many US cities & states, but love the laid back groove of the Caribbean islands…Jamaica mon! We’ve visited Mexico, Ireland, England, Italy, France, Spain, Amsterdam, the Canary Islands, and Thailand!
- Fine Wine & Fine Dining—we belong to several ‘wine clubs’ from Sonoma & Napa Valleys
- Nudism…of course!
- Gambling in Biloxi or Vegas, Baby!